When you have just bought your new Netgear extender for ending up all your internet range problems, the next question is to set up and connect it to your wifi router. Ever since the inception of the company in 1996, Netgear has always been ranked top in terms of quality and durability of their products; be it range extenders, routers, boosters, or complete wifi systems. The company aims to address the needs of its customers and introduces every new product according to that.
Netgear has earned a large ratio of its popularity from the extenders. Their wifi range extenders have always been the most reliable to extend the signal range in the dead zones and hard to reach areas, whether it is a room in your house, a top floor of your office building or your hostel floor. Every annoying spot that is unable to catch the wifi signals will now come under the control of your Netgear wifi extender.
The Netgear extenders are actually designed to transmit the wifi signals to the device and allow it to expand the bandwidth in such an order that it reaches all the devices connected to it equally. These extenders are capable of converting the radio waves into wifi signals even at the dead zones of your home.
The antennas, amplifiers, and reflectors with which Netgear manufactures their extenders are of the top-quality to receive the signals instantly and expand them promptly. After setting up your Netgear wifi extender, you will never have to face any trouble to sit beside your route to catch the signals.
These wifi range extenders are different and considered top-notch majorly due to their universal compatibility. No need to get worried because you have a router from another company, but you need an extender from Netgear. Any standard router can easily get connected to these extenders without trouble. Also, keep an eye on who is connected with it. There are two types of Netgear extenders that includes:
- Wall plugin
- Desktop extender
Both types work with the same efficiency in amplifying the internet speed by giving it a boost of extension.
How To Set Up A Netgear Wifi Extender
Following is a detailed guideline to let you know how easily you can set up your Netgear extender without any professional expertise or technological knowledge.
What Are The Requirements
There are some basic but major requirements that you must fulfill before setting up your Netgear wifi range extender. Follow these simple instructions to enjoy a hassle-free and interference-free internet.
- Remember to install the Netgear extender in the same room where your wifi router has been placed.
- Getting a complete power supply that is recommended for these extenders is a must. If they are not getting enough power supply, chances are high that they will not work so effectively.
- Both the wifi device and router should be in a working position.
- Install two web browsers in your PC in case of an emergency where you are unable to get connected to your extender’s web interface.
Setting Up Netgear Extender Manually
Setting up your extender manually is the easiest and quickest way to making your internet ready to expand into the dead zones of your house. Below is a step by step procedure.
- Plug your Netgear extender into the electrical socket and turn it on.
- Once it is turned on, connect it with your wifi device.
- Open the Netgear_ext network and launch the network manager.
- Open up a web browser and open your wifi login page. You can also call the Netgear support if you are unable to find this web page on your browser.
- Create an account on this web page and select the wifi network you want the extender to extend the speed for.
- Click ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’
- Your Netgear extender setup has completed.
The WPS Method
Another way to set up your Netgear range extender is the WPS method. It takes minutes to get your extender connected with your wifi and other personal devices within the blink of an eye with these simple tips:
- Turn on the power of the extender by plugging it in an electrical port.
- Examine your router and you will see a WPS button on the left or right side depending on the model. (some companies design their routers with a WPS button on top)
- Press the WPS button and hold with there for some time.
- You will see that the router’s light will turn green, which means that it has got into the range of the extender.
- Connect to the network of the extender through web interface and use the default username and password in your manual.
- You can change, make strong username and password afterward even with mobile.
- Connect all your personal devices with the extender and enjoy seamless HD streaming, live video chatting & gaming.